BMC Bioinformatics is currently recruiting new Editorial Board Members to join our international Editorial Board.
We encourage applications from researchers with a bioinformatics background in a range of subject areas, broadly covered by the below:
- Comparative genomics
- Imaging, image analysis and data visualization
- Knowledge-based analysis
- Networks analysis
- Results and data
- Sequence analysis (applications)
- Sequence analysis (methods)
- Structural analysis
- Transcriptome analysis
BMC Bioinformatics scope and ethos
BMC Bioinformatics is an open access, peer-reviewed journal that considers articles on all aspects of the development, testing and novel application of computational and statistical methods for the modeling and analysis of all kinds of biological data, as well as other areas of computational biology.
We do not make editorial decisions on the basis of the interest of a study or its likely impact. Studies must be scientifically valid; for research articles this includes a scientifically sound research question, the use of suitable methods and analysis, and following community-agreed standards relevant to the research field.
BMC series - open, inclusive and trusted.
We are interested in individuals who are committed to open access, data sharing and innovation in scientific publishing.
Suitable candidates should:
- have a minimum of fifteen (15) research papers published in reputable, English language, peer-reviewed journals;
be frequently listed as corresponding author (first or last author) during the last five years;
have demonstrable expertise that fits within the scope and the need of the journal.
Suitable Editorial Board Members for BMC Bioinformatics must also:
- support the journal’s ethos, scope, editorial standards, and policies, and be a committed advocate who will represent BMC Bioinformatics within the scientific community;
- provide a professional and supportive service to our authors and ensure that manuscripts they are responsible for fulfil the requirements of the Journal and are handled efficiently and appropriately through peer review.
Role and responsibilities
An Editorial Board Member is primarily responsible for assessing manuscripts for their suitability for peer review, selecting suitable reviewers who meet the Journal’s requirements and recommending decisions on the basis of the peer reviewers’ reports and their own assessment while adhering to the Journal’s editorial policies.
An Editorial Board Member for BMC Bioinformatics should be engaged and willing to handle a minimum of twelve (12) manuscripts per year across a range of disciplines within their broader subject area.
Our Editorial Board Members will receive training, and our in-house editorial team will also provide administrative support. The Editorial Board Members will report to the journal in-house Editor.
More information on Editorial Board Responsibilities can be found here.