- Meeting abstract
- Open Access
Protein translational control and its contribution to oncogenesis revealed by computational methods
© Zhong et al; licensee BioMed Central Ltd. 2015
- Published: 28 January 2015
- Translational Efficiency
- Translation Initiation Factor
- Translational Control
- Occupancy Profile
- Factor eIF4A
Protein translation is a fundamental biochemical process and the regulation of this process in response to a variety of changes has been demonstrated to play a key role in cellular functional activity. Recently, the translational control of oncogenes is implicated in many cancers .
Computational and statistical methodologies facilitate the discovery of the hallmark of eIF4A-dependent transcripts, namely 5'UTR sequence harbors the 12-mer guanine quartet (CGG)4 motif associated with RNA G-quadruplex (GQ) structures (Figure 1C). Our novel computational tools provide a fast, accurate solution to gain biological insights from Ribo-seq and RNA-seq data.
- Hay N, Sonenberg N: Upstream and downstream of mTOR. Genes Dev. 2004, 18 (16): 1926-45. 10.1101/gad.1212704.View ArticlePubMedGoogle Scholar
- Wolfe AL, Singh K, Zhong Y, Drewe P, Rajasekhar VK, Sanghvi VR, Mavrakis KJ, Jiang M, Roderick JE, Van der Meulen J, Schatz JH, Rodrigo CM, Zhao C, Rondou P, de Stanchina E, Teruya-Feldstein J, Kelliher MA, Speleman F, Porco JA, Pelletier J, RÃ¤tsch G, Wendel HG: RNA G-quadruplexes cause eIF4A-dependent oncogene translation in cancer. Nature. 2014, 513 (7516): 65-70. 10.1038/nature13485.PubMed CentralView ArticlePubMedGoogle Scholar
- Ingolia NT, Brar GA, Rouskin S, McGeachy AM, Weissman JS: The ribosome profiling strategy for monitoring translation in vivo by deep sequencing of ribosome-protected mRNA fragments. Nat Protoc. 2012, 7 (8): 1534-50. 10.1038/nprot.2012.086.PubMed CentralView ArticlePubMedGoogle Scholar
- Drewe P, Stegle O, Hartmann L, Kahles A, Bohnert R, Wachter A, Borgwardt K, RÃ¤tsch G: Accurate detection of differential RNA processing. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013, 41 (10): 5189-98. 10.1093/nar/gkt211.PubMed CentralView ArticlePubMedGoogle Scholar
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited. The Creative Commons Public Domain Dedication waiver (http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/) applies to the data made available in this article, unless otherwise stated.